• Pupil Personnel Services

  • The Tri-Valley Central School District is responsible for providing special education services to all resident students who qualify for such supports. These services are coordinated by the district's Pupil Personnel Services (PPS) Department, which encompasses the district's Committees on Special Education at the preschool, elementary and secondary levels. The PPS Office also oversees the district's health (nurses), counseling and mental health services for all resident students.

    Preschool Children with Disabilities

    The District's Committee on Preschool Special Education (CPSE) is responsible for ensuring that parents are aware of the opportunities available for evaluation of children 3-5 years old who are suspected of having a disability, and for services to preschool children with disabilities. The committee consists of representatives from preschool special education agencies, county administrators, parents and district staff. All recommendations for services are made to the Board of Education. If you have concerns about your child's development, or would like more information, call (845) 985-2296, Ext. 5308 or e-mail Faith Dymond- Secretary to the Director at faithdymond@trivalleycsd.org.

    Committee on Special Education (CSE)

    The Committee on Special Education (CSE) is sanctioned and regulated by New York State. It acts as a multi-disciplinary team to evaluate the academic, physical, social, and management needs of the referred child and determines if there is an educational disability. The CSE must then decide on an appropriate program or placement for the student and the need for related services (i.e. occupational therapy, physical therapy, speech therapy, counseling, etc.), if necessary.

    If you suspect that your child may have a physical, cognitive, or emotional disability, you have the right to refer your child to the Tri-Valley Committee on Special Education for an evaluation, and a determination as to whether your child is eligible to receive special education services and programs.  More information regarding your rights is set forth in the New York State Education Department’s Parent Guide to Special Education Services in New York State for Children, available at


    To refer your child to the Committee on Special Education, or to obtain more information regarding the District’s special education services and programs, please contact:

    Danielle Cornish - Director of Pupil Personnel Services-(845) 985-2296 Ext 5308

    Faith Dymond - Secretary to the Director-(845) 985-2296, Ext. 5308 or e-mail faithdymond@trivalleycsd.org

Related Files

PPS Blog