The opening plan for the 2021-2022 school year was approved by the Tri-Valley Central School Disrict Board of Education at is Aug. 26 meeting.
The reopening plan was developed in compliance with guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and the NYS Education Department and sets protocols to help prevent the spread of COVID-19.
- Read the full 2021-22 opening plan here.
- A printer-friendly pdf of the 2021-22 opening plan is available here.
Here are some plan highlights:
- The district will use a layered approach of mitigation strategies, including masks, testing, ventilation, handwashing, staying home when ill, and regular cleaning/disinfecting
- All students in school, five days a week, for in-person instruction
- No temperature screening
- No virtual option (exceptions may be made for high-risk students via a 504 Plan or an IEP)
- Continuation of mandatory mask wearing
Required on buses
Not required for outdoor activities
- Full sports schedule recommended by Section IX
No masking required for outdoor activities
Masks mandatory for all indoor activities
- Continuation of social distancing (at three feet)
Five feet at lunch, band and chorus
- Extra attention to the social/emotional needs of students and staff
- Plan and be prepared for all virtual learning
Chromebooks for every student
To be left at home for ES students
To be brought back and forth for SS students
- New parent notification protocols